3/08/2015

C'est moi

(NOTE! English is not my native language so be patient with my grammar mistakes)

As I’m sitting here looking at this blank virtual paper and desperately trying to figure out how on earth could I sum up, in couple funny paragraphs, what really makes me me, I get a nostalgic flashback from my childhood.

I’m sitting in a round table with the same feeling inside of me. This time though, not looking at a virtual paper, but a spiral notebook called a Friend Book. Do you remember those? Those notebooks illustrated with Disney princesses, favorite animals, flowers etc. Those notebooks that you shared with your friends and where you basically had to write your life story in one page or two. And those books where the number of pages filled was more important than the actual content.

I always found it hard to fill those “Friend books”. I remember how I couldn’t understand how should I be able to tell that “In 20 years, I will…” section in two sentences. What kind of person I want to be, what kind of life situation I want to have, what I wanted to have achieved by then.

And when I asked about that, I remember people laughing at me and saying: “Just put what you want to do for a living”. And I remember thinking was it really supposed to be that easy?

Now having the exact same feeling of stagnation, I decided to write this introduction in that childhood format. Simplify things. Give you just a tiny glimpse of what I am, what I stand for. So filling up the overall picture will be in your hands my dear readers.


Name: Veera
Age: 18 
(mental age changes from 5 to 68 depending on a minute)
Address: ……, Finland
Favorite drink: Wine, coffee
Favorite food: Fondue
Favorite band/artist/composer: The Paperkites, Coeur de Pirate, The National, Kodaline, Daughter, Pentatonix, Jasmine Thompson, Ludovico Eunaudi, Edward Grieg, Arvo Part
Favorite Song: Katie Melua - Spider's web
The Paperkites - Willow tree march & Featherstone
Hobbies: Music (Playing the flute, Singing, Writing songs), Theater, Running, Drawing, Cruising, Writing, Photographing, Deep thinking, Nature walks with no destination, To Confuse people


The most important things in my life  Values: Equality, Freedom, Tolerance, Justice, Balance
Things I love: Travelling, Philosophy, Poetry, Metaphors, Irony, Mysteries, Taking risks, Smiling, Languages, Echoing sounds, Getting lost, Morning dewy grass between your toes, Fog, Hights, Mountains, Spontaneous ideas, Striking up a conversation with total strangers, Canoeing in a lake as smooth as a millpond, Swinging with your head downwards, Oregon, San Francisco
Things I hate: Discrimination, Being misunderstood, Finnish Spinach Soup
I'm Scared of: Everything and nothing.
My Biggest Wish: To grow as a person. So when I take my very last breath on this planet, I will be the best version of myself.


And if you wonder the name of my blog, here’s an explanation. Elysian is a Greek word for wonderful and delightful. And haze is, well, haze (kind of like fog or mist). Why did I put a Greek word and an English word together?  Because: We should not be limited by language, we should not be afraid to speak freely.

And the way I see life, it’s like an elysian haze. We are not seeing clearly, we are walking through life with the uncertainty of what is going to happen. But it's a wonderful, beautiful walk. Life is an Elysian haze.


2 comments:

  1. vouu. sairaan hyvä, asiaa horiset broidi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vou kiitos ano! ( =rakas siskoni ;) )

      Delete